Building healthy Societies with Dr. Fixit
Problems of cracks, damp walls, dripping ceilings and mould formation in houses are not unheard of. Monsoon comes with many challenges – the last thing you want is to add to the problems monsoon brings along. The humidity level rises adding to water seepage problems through walls and causing further leakages. This gets worse if our building commitees ignore important leakage issues which need immediate attention.
Why is waterproofing important
Waterproofing is one of the most critical yet neglected subjects because the common man is not exposed to the concrete technology. Water infiltration causes major problems to a structure. Water damages a building first cosmetically then structurally. It is important to realize that by the time a stain shows up on the interior of your building most likely irreversible damage has been caused to the exterior. Water soaked roof insulation will never dry out. Water damage can be compared to fire as a cause of building decay and deterioration.
Trapped moisture in insulation can also decay a roof deck and may cause the roof to fall. Water entering walls will rust steel relieving angles and carrying beams which support the structure. Moisture penetrating reinforced concrete structures carry chloride ions which will rust reinforcing bars causing them to expand in size resulting in spalling of concrete. As one begins to understand the mechanics of water infiltration, one begins to understand the importance of keeping a structure watertight.
Dr. Fixit to the rescue
Presenting Dr. Fixit of Pidilite Industries that has a dedicated team of technical experts who provide site inspections and offer practical solutions. Providing you freedom from dampness and leakages, Dr Fixit is your healthy remedy for all your water proofing problems.
Dr. Fixit uses various State-of-the-Art techniques such as Non-Destructive tests and Concrete Petrography for evaluating existing concrete structures to measure the strength of concrete and to determine if they need be replaced or rehabilitated. These technologies used by Dr. Fixit not only detect water leakages in building structures but also provide analysis and interpretation of test results along with recommendations for remedial waterproofing.
For External Waterproofing
Dr. Fixit Newcoat is a heavy duty terrace waterproofing system, composed of specially developed highly elastic & resilient acrylic polymers, properly selected & graded fillers, lightfast & weather durable pigments, micro-fibres, additives & best quality fungicidal in water medium. It is used as a liquid applied waterproofing membrane for all types of building terraces. Dr. Fixit Newcoat is a three-layer system with coats in different colours ensuring proper build-up of the thickness, making it a reliable waterproofing system.
In his shayarana andaaz, legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan demonstrates to us that the best and the only solution to keep dampness away and to enjoy the simple pleasures of life is with Dr. Fixit.
The Panel Discussion
On the 24th of February a special panel discussion was held by Dr. Fixit brand team. Bringing together experts for a talk with the aim of building a healthy society.
The esteemed panelists comprised of
* Mr Pankaj Shah, the CMD of S.P. Consulting Engineers
* Mr Ramesh Prabhu, Chairman of Maharashtra Societies Welfare Association (MSWA)
* Renowned Interior Architect Ms Kanika Bawa
* Mr Prakash Mathur, Director-Dr. Fixit Institute
Building a healthy society
1. We started with a game of Jenga. The idea was to build a tallest yet strongest structure in just one minute. We also posted the completed Jenga tower picture on twitter. And ours was the winning team.
2. The panel was introduced and Mr Pankaj Shah emphasized on structural audit & repairs for co-operative housing societies in Mumbai. Structural audit needs to be done if the building is over 30 years. Poor maintenance leads to building collapse and can cause fatality. Also, it is a great time to fix the cracks and fix it using the right products from Dr. Fixit. You can check more about this waterproofing expert and the services provided on this link: Dr Fixit
3. Ms Kanika Bawa shed some light on the latest trends in interiors. Vertical landscaping, using porous materials and wood chips to enhance designs being some of them.
4. The Q & A session clarified many queries on water proofing and leakages.
Thank you Mr Ramesh Prabhu for answering my query on bathroom leakages which is the concern for most of us. Bathrooms are the biggest source of leakages in constructions, products like Dr. Fixit Bathseal Kit will help in waterproofing. You can connect with the waterproofing expert and get your queries answered here: Dr. Fixit Techchat
Hurry! Call in Dr. Fixit to say no to damp walls, damp ceilings, rising dampness, cracks, and leakages! Remember the old proverb “Prevention is better than cure.”
I took the pledge to fight 3 major concerns- leakage, cracks and dampness! Now it’s your turn 🙂