A food chain with presence at over 60 different locations & delivery across Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore that needs no introduction, Yes!! Its Box8 , its concept being to bring good Indian food to the masses.
In a recent interview founder Anshul Gupta in his interview highlighted the strong points of Box8.
- The focus lies in preparing food which is delicious, easy on the stomach and made from quality ingredients, allowing the consumers to order food frequently.
‘Box8’ offers fusion of different Indian delicacies- It is multi layered meal that is a blend of a curry, protein (chicken, paneer, etc), salad, chutney, yogurt. It is a perfect combination of taste and fusion.
- Added help of Technology will build platform between customers, delivery units, kitchen and vendors at Box 8.
Come on now its time to review Box 8
I played the order online from the website with online payment option, you can also order through Zomato, Foodpanda or even download the Box8 application. You get an SMS confirmation immediately and a status of the delivery. Order was bang on…
Their USP is that they have a menu that ranges from wholesome meals, salads, wraps, sandwiches, biryani’s, beverages, desserts, Ice creams, Fusion boxes, pizzas and ala carte options.
The delivery was prompt within half an hour of mentioned time. The boxes were stacked up well in the bag. No spill or leak, food still hot on removal. Love the bright red BOX 8 logo, cute outer packaging with interesting one liners. Each box was well labelled with content of the box.
With no further ado lets review the food
1. Saag Chicken Meal Rice – This meal was complete is every way. It contained Jeera rice, a decent potion of boneless chicken saag, salad, chutney, rajma and a piece of brownie. The taste of each item was enjoyable, priced at Rs 198/- it was value for money.
2. Char-grilled Chicken Salad – Chicken tikka pieces mixed with assorted crunchy veggies and a desi dressing, delicious and addictive.
3. Paneer Masala Box – A similar compact meal in a box for a vegetarian option. Paneer was soft yet lacked flavour. A tad bit bland for my liking.
4. Chicken Xtreme Box – This is a compact meal with chicken tikka over rice served with salad on the side. Gravy at the bottom to avoid spillage was enjoyable. Chutney and curd dressing went well with the meal.
5. Fusion Chicken Sandwich – A good substantial chicken filling with veggies and delicious sauces in a multigrain bread, very enjoyable in every bite. Must try!!
6. Desserts – We tried the Moong dal Halwa and Chocolate lava cake- The halwa was simple, perfect sweetness with the ghee flavour. It was okayish nothing extra ordinary. Same with the Lava cake, it had a typical cocoa taste and no oozing chocolate lava that I was expecting.
7. Masala Lemonade – Box 8 gives you the option to add Dessert + drink to your meal for Rs 68. You must add it for the lemonade. I love the bottle it comes in. The lemonade is refreshing mix of lemon and jal jeera. A real good accompaniment to the meal.
- Website for delivery order : BOX 8
- Download the Box 8 App from Play Store