Start losing that extra weight.
I really don’t understand how a few cookies here and a small chocolate doughnut there, is causing the weighing machine to display that I have gained a few pounds.
Off lately I have been eating tremendous amount of junk food and giving into my sweet cravings. The little weight I piled up looked cute on my face but not around my hips. However when I had a setback in the month of August with a terrible knee injury, I knew I will have to get my diet under control. Being advised 10 days bed rest I decided to embark on my weight loss journey again.
I have always believed in eating right food and combining it with a good exercise regime. Here are a few tips I am going to follow while I try to lose weight.
Tips to Follow
- Eat more fibrous foods.
- Reduce the intake of carbohydrates
- Eat healthier fats
- A workout regime in your schedule is a must.
- Get rid of Junk
- Eat smaller portions
- Eat in smaller plates.
- Cook your own meals if possible.
- Drink more water
- Don’t Give Up
I was used to drinking water throughout the day, but not in any planned way, and sometimes skipped the water a lot of the days. I stumbled upon an interesting read by Steven Aitchison on how to lose weight in 10 days while using water as a weapon.
It said ” How to lose 10 pounds in ten days” and here is the link to this tried and tested experiment I was going to undertake.
Here is the simple yet effective way to do it.
Time How much As soon as you get up each morning Drink between 300 – 600ml of water 1 hour later (before breakfast) Drink between 250 – 500ml of water After every cup of coffee/tea Drink between 100 – 250ml of water 20 Minutes before each main meal Drink between 250 – 500ml of water 2 Hours before going to bed Drink between 300 – 600ml of water Total amount of water per day Between 1200 – 2,450ml
Initially you will feel like frequenting the washroom too often but later your body will get use to it. Get ready to reap the benefits of a fitter happier you 🙂
Benefits of Water
1.Drinking plenty of water is also great for your skin. It flushes out all the impurities which will leave you with a glow and you looking younger and healthier.
2. Drinking lots of water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat.
3. If you eat a lot of salt, drinking plenty water helps flush out the extra sodium from the kidneys.
4. Water helps flush out waste from the bladder. Your urine should be light and odourless, if it is dark and has a strong odour it could indicate a problem in the bladder or kidneys and water helps this.
5.Water, believe it or not, helps reduce water retention. Water retention is your body’s way of storing water if it thinks you are not getting enough, drinking plenty of water reduces this.
6. It can help freshen your breath. Dehydration can cause a dry tongue leading to a furry tongue which aids bacteria build up. Plenty water reduces this risk.
I could go on and on about the benefits of water but I think you get the gist of what I am saying. Obviously there will evidence to the contrary but from a personal point of view I would recommend drinking plenty of water. So, why you still here? Get into the kitchen and gulp down that glass of water 🙂