A few days back my husband came home with two big boxes of Alphonso mangoes. I love mangoes and wait for the mango season every year. I relish and eat them for breakfast and after dinner. I made some milkshake for the family which we all relished. but what was I going to do with so many of those? I still have a dozen left and now they have started to wrinkle. That’s when I started looking for interesting recipes using mangoes. Last year I tried out a non bake mango cheesecake. Check the recipe here-> http://wp.me/p4lgvp-7j
I love using less ingredients and bringing out the richness of Alphonso mangoes in a dessert recipe. So I decided to go for “no-bake” mango dessert this time too. Also who wants to use an oven in an already hot kitchen in summer ?
I was debating on Mango jelly or mango Panna Cotta when I decided to make my own new recipe with curd, cream and Mango. Light healthy and fresh. I have named it Creamy Mango Pudding.
1)6 ripe mangoes
2)one Amul tetrapack or 200 gms fresh cream
3)1 cup hung curd
4)1/2 cup sugar
5)one sachet of gelatine.
6) few chopped nuts for garnish
1) Peel the mangoes, de seed, and place them in a food processor. Process until smooth .
2) Using an electric hand blender , beat cream until smooth.
3) Add sugar to the cream and beat for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick.
4) Add the hung curd and give it another whip.
5) Fold in half the mango mixture and keep half the mango mixture aside.
6)Add the gelatine to hot water till completely dissolved .Add this to the mango cream mixture.
7) Just pour it all and set in individual glasses , then add the other mango pulp on top of mixture to get a two layered effect.
8) Garnish with chopped nuts.
9) Set aside for 5-6 hours in the fridge and then relish this delightful cold dessert.
This special recipe was created for Hyper City ” Aam Khaas Recipe” activity. Link here :- https://www.facebook.com/HyperCITY?fref=nf
Happy Mango Season