Summer Coolant – ‘AAM KA PANNA’
Summer is just around the corner and so is the season of mangoes. I love Aam Ka Panna, making it every year with lots of enthusiasm to enjoy its benefits and taste on a hot summers day. I love the distinct tangy flavour and the cool soothing effect it has to my nerves and body. Its like an internal air conditioner. I love the sweet, sour and tangy taste, Simply Yumm…I make a huge quantity and store in bottles in fridge to serve up to my guests too.
So here is the easy recipe that will last you a month.
- 1 kg sized raw mangoes.
- 1 tablespoon cardamoms, crushed or powdered
- Powdered jaggery- double the amount of the mango pulp.
- Serving options- roasted Jeera powder, mint leaves, dash of lime.
- Wash the raw mangoes well with water.
- Steam the raw mangoes in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles till they become completely soft and pulpy.
- Remove the peel and squeeze out the mango pulp.
- Mix the cardamom powder and powdered jaggery to the mango pulp.
- Blend and beat well to make it smooth thicj mixture like a squash.
- Store Aam ka Panna in an air tight jar or bottle.
- While serving add 1 tbsp of the preserve to one glass of water.
- Stir in jeera, lime and mint leaves and add ice cubes. serve aam ka panna chilled.
1.It quenches thirst and prevents the excessive loss of salt and iron during summer due to excessive sweating.
2.Aam Ka Panna is considered beneficial in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders.
3.It is a good source of Vitamin C.
4. it removes toxins and impurities from the blood.
I can go on and on, but I am sure you want to make the recipe now. So carry on and try this Magical Summer coolant.
Happy Summers 🙂 🙂 🙂