I really do not enjoy baking as it involves alot of mixing, blending and cooking with right proportions. However my love for making Tiramisu all began when I won a hamper from Godrej Nature Basket . It had all the ingredients including lady fingersponge biscuits and Mascopone Cheese. I followed the recipe to the T …and It was a super hit with my family.
When I went to Visit my parents in Pune , I decided to repeat the performance, but landed up by not getting some of the ingredients. I did a little research and checked up YouTube channel for substitutes. My biggest concern was yet to come and that was my dad doesn’t eat egg . So yet another hurdle and I further revised the recipe. What I like about making Tiramisu is that it is a cold sweet dish and has the rich flavor of coffee. It involves practically no baking.
Italian cooking is never complete without a mention of this famed dessert. Tira-mi-su, which means ‘lift me up’, was so named because its ingredients — cream, cheese, coffee and wine, are all mood boosters!
In my recipe I substitute eggs for custard and mascopone cream cheese for hung curd or even Paneer . The result ….. Finger licking happy Daddy and lovely friends who want to stop by to taste your Tiramisu . I have decided to share my recipe with my readers.
* Eggless sponge cake or cake toast – half Kg
* Hung curd- half Kg
* 100 gms coffee
* half litre milk/ sugar to taste/ custard powder
* 200 gms fresh cream ( beat till light n fluffy)
* drinking chocolate to dust
1.First we need to prepare the custard with milk sugar and custard powder till nice and thick like a white sauce. keep it aside to cool
2. make the coffee concoction with powder and water on gas. Set aside to cool
3.Hang the fresh curd much prior to preparations for at least two hours. If more cheesy sour taste desired increase the quantity of curd
4.Start by beating up the fresh cream till light and fluffy.
5.Now in a Square or round bottom deep dish .Soak the cake ( lady fingers) in coffee and line the dish. Set aside to soak up coffee.
6.To the beaten cream add the hung curd and give one spin with the blender till mixed .
7.With Spatula fold in the custard with cut and fold method with a light hand to get air inside
8. Top the cake layer with the custard mixture
9. Top it with another layer of cake n coffee
10. Repeat custard mixture.
11. Lightly bang the dish and shake till the top is even.
12. Dust drinking powder on top.
13. This tiramisu cannot be eaten till set in fridge for minimum 2-3 hours
14. You can be also set in individual glasses or topped with strawberries and cherries for variation .
But the essence of this cake is coffee and cream cheese .
Enjoy making it for your family. Do give me feedback. Any queries will be answered. Recently I made it on popular demand of my very good friend and decided to reblog my recipe for everyone